Seth Godin, Made in Buffalo
“People like us do things like this.”
- The connections created are what matter.
- We’re living in a world with a surplus of STUFF, and a lack of attention. Your job isn’t to create MORE. Your job is to create something ORIGINAL.
- How would you approach your [job, work, role, project, relationship, etc] if you weren’t afraid of standing out? How would you do it if you weren’t pressured to fit in?
- What people want most is to feel seen. It’s a long-term vision; if you can make someone feel seen and heard, you’ve created a meaningful connection. That’s worth way more than any short-term sale ever is.
- We don’t need a map to tell us exactly what path to take; we need a compass to figure out how to get to where we know we strive to be.
- You’re already prepared. Stop waiting to be ready. You’ll never be ready.